The laboratory is designed and equipped for experiments of the following types:
- Fire tests in the incipient stage of a fire
- Experiments concerning the distribution of smoke and gaseous products for variable conditions,
e.g. incipient fires with and without thermal development
- Test series with various standardized procedures
- The laboratory is not determined as a test laboratory for routine checks. The equipment as well as
the possibilities of varying the room geometry qualifies this laboratory for basic investigations.
- Non-fire experiments with variable ventilation conditions or changeable room geometry.
Technical description of the Duisburg Fire Detection Laboratory
The Data Acquisition System
Smoke duct, defined by EN 54
Wind Tunnel, defined by EN 54
Christmas tree fire
Please, click on the picture left of this text to start the film in realtime.
The film runs in the original speed!